6 ACTIVITIES THAT ARE FUN YET EDUCATIONAL THIS HOLIDAY!
With the last major exam of the year finishing soon, many students would be heaving a sigh of relief as well as anticipating for the December holidays to come.
Parents alike must be feeling relief that they can finally take a breather while changing the focus on bonding and enjoying with the family again.
As much as a holiday should be a period of fun and excitement, many parents would have a nagging feeling at the back of their head that their child should continue to be revising as well.
This is especially so for students who did not do very well for their exams and therefore making holiday period a crucial time to catch up on foundational works.
Another group of students who might be facing this situation would be students transitioning for the following year, for example from kindergarten to primary 1. There will definitely be fear about not being able to adapt or cope with the new curriculum.
However, the thought of having to go for tuition classes during the holidays is dreaded by most students.
To make the concept of learning fun and enjoyable, and at the same time to ensure that your child does not lose the momentum of learning, holiday programs are the best of both worlds.
Here are 6 holiday programmes you can consider signing your child up for and the reasons why they are beneficial:
I LOVE CHINESE PROGRAMMES
Targets: Different components of Chinese
- Master Chinese vocabulary in pronunciation, written form and meaning
- Improve Chinese characters structure and sentence structure
- Increase interest in Chinese
- Forming a solid foundation for Chinese through fun and engaging methods such as pictogram, speech & role play, fairy tales time, and games!
- Decreasing a prejudice toward Chinese
- Developing a love for Chinese
Targets: Maths and Science
- Learn Maths and Science concepts through exploration
- Understand the basics of robotic
- Design and create simple models with movements
- Work with peers to create stories and solutions
- Develop an interest in Maths, Science, and Technology
- Early exposure to the rising importance of technology
- Develops logical thinking
- Improve interpersonal relationship skills
SPEECH AND DRAMA WORKSHOP
Targets: Vocabulary, Grammar, Story Sequencing, Voice, Speech and Acting
- Encourage children to open up and be comfortable with speaking up
- Increase language abilities through dramatisation and role play
- Improve voice and speech through choral reading, songs, and poems
- Increase creative imagination
- Learn the necessary building blocks of effective communication
- Develop self-confidence
- Enhance confidence in public speaking
- Improve language and interpersonal skills
ART AND CRAFT THROUGH STORIES
Targets: Imagination, creativity
- Develop their creative nature
- Build soft skills by engaging in art
- Encourage hands-on activity
- Improve coordination and fine motor skills
- Help with important visual processing
- Teach them to express themselves
- Encourage creativity
Targets: Brain executive functioning
- Encourage learning through kinesthetic, visual and auditory
- Engage both the right and left brains
- Enhance social and emotional skills
- Improve attention span, memory, and processing speed
- Develop multiple intelligences
- Speed up learning processes in academics and daily life
Targets: Various aspects
- To create a more holistic holiday experience where learning, wellness, and fun is integrated into one
Duration: 2-week camp/1-week camp/ individual workshops
- Public Speaking
- Speech and drama
- LEGO Building
- Slime making
These programmes are sure to let you or your child have a fruitful, fun and productive December Holiday!
We would love to have you at our classes.
If you are interested in any of our classes or simply want to find out more, contact us at (65) 6684 8444 or email us at email@example.com today!
Our representatives will share with you about the latest classes happening in the KRTC branches near you.
JOIN US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Copyright © 2017 Kent Ridge Education Pte. Ltd. All Rights Reserved