Whistleblowing Policy (“Code Red”)
Kent Ridge Education Whistleblowing Policy provides a formalized and confidential avenue for employees, business partners and external parties to raise "Code Red" about any suspected improprieties on the part of anyone in relations to Kent Ridge Education. "Code Red" deters wrongdoing and promotes standards of ethical behavior and integrity work environment and also in our dealings with external parties.
Reportable incident include and not restricted to the following improper and unethical activities:
- Corruption or bribery
- Embezzlement or cheating or theft
- Violations of law and regulation
- Irregularities in financial reporting, misstatements arising from misappropriation of assets
- Improper or unauthorized expenditures
- Misuse of funds and resources
- Abuse of power or authority
- Conflict of interest without due disclosure
- Breech or circumvention of internal policies
- Aiding and abetting illegal activities
- Unauthorized access and/or disclosure of information
- Acts to mislead, deceive, manipulate, coerce or fraudulently influence the preparation, examination, audit or review of any assets and records of the Kent Ridge Education
- Endangerment to health or safety of personnel
- Any form of harassment
- Academic or professional malpractice e.g. violation of intellectual property rights
- Any other conduct that may cause financial, non-financial loss or damage of reputation to Kent Ridge Education
No person should be intimidated or restrained from reporting any impropriety. The identity of the Whistleblower would be kept CONFIDENTIAL, with the exception of the following:
- By law that required to reveal
- The whistleblower has waived his/her rights to confidentiality
- The identity of the whistleblower is already publicly known
- Information is given strictly confidential basis for the purpose of obtaining professional advice
Whistleblower who acts and makes disclosures in good faith will be protected against reprisals. Victimization of the Whistleblower is viewed seriously and will not be tolerated and anyone found guilty of this will be seriously dealt with.
If, however, an allegation is made frivolously, mischievously, maliciously or personal gain, disciplinary action may be taken against the complainant to deter any abuse of the policy. Similarly, anyone who condones wrongdoing through willful suppression or concealment of relevant information or interferes with the investigation will be seriously dealt with.
The "Code Red" is opened to employees, business partners and external parties and you may channel your concern to anyone you trusted:
In order to facilitate the investigation, please provide us with the following information using the format below.
- Date of the issue or incident taken place
- Reason of reporting
- Details and Facts
- Include any images or proof of evidence
If you want us to get back to you on the findings, please include your name and contact number and we will handle with strictest confidentiality.